Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will not be put to shame. Isaiah 50:7 (NLT)
When you pray, expect to hear from God. I can’t say it any simpler than that.
Expect that God will answer your prayer. This is where faith comes in. You wait expectantly on God.
Waiting on God is never a waste of time. In fact, it is time well invested in your life. It keeps you focused on God and living in light of eternity.
Hurry is the death of prayer. One reason you may not hear God speak to you is that you don’t wait long enough. He wants you to care enough to listen.
The Bible says there are three things to do as you wait –
- Wait quietly — “I wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.” (Psalm 62:5 NLT)
- Wait patiently — “Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.” (Psalm 37:7 NLT)
- Wait expectantly — “I wait expectantly, trusting God to help, for he has promised.” (Psalm 105:5 LB)
Talk about it –
- What do you think about this statement: When you pray, expect to hear from God.
- Think about the things that may keep you too busy to wait on God. What makes them so important? What changes do you think you should make?